- Introduce us to your band!
We are DEITRE – here for your pleasure. 😉
- How did you guys start out?
Richie Bee: Pete and I met 5 years ago but didn’t start this project until a couple of years later after a previous band I was in fell apart. It all really just fell into place.
- Describe your band’s sound.
We say our sound is Alt/Rock Glam/Pop.
- What influences your craft?
It’s hard to pinpoint ONE thing when there are SO MANY things that influence us. Our backgrounds/tastes in music as well as the relationships and stories that make up our lives.
- What makes your band different? Why should people listen to you?
We have heart, and in all honesty, music is all we have. I want us to be the band you listen to to get you through the day.
- When introducing people to your music, what song should I show them first? What is your quintessential track?
It’s hard to choose ONE because they are all so special to me. Each one conveys an important message and has gotten ME through these past few years that have been rough due to my father passing away. If I had to choose one in this moment though, I would say “I’m Out” is the epitome of who we are, what we are all about, and what we are trying to do/say.
- What has been the biggest struggle in your career so far?
Probably being our own managers. I never realized how much BUSINESS knowledge it takes to run a successful band. You can’t just be an artist… you need to be everything or else you don’t stand a chance.
- What has been the biggest highlight in your career so far?
Being HERE – to feel like we are finally getting our sound OUT. It’s something we are truly grateful for. So, I guess our answer would be YOU.
- How bright is the future of your band – what are the plans?
How bright?… It’s going to be BLINDING. I can feel it. We have a new sound coming out this summer, and our third music video coming out this spring.
- When all is said and done, how would you like to be remembered?
I want to sit back at the end of it all and know that we stayed true to exactly who we are – That we didn’t put out anything that wasn’t 100% US, and that we changed people’s lives for the better.