1. Introduce us to your project!
We are Wildheart! A melodic hardcore band based in Brisbane Australia.
2. How did you guys start out?
We simply started as a bunch of friends from other bands that when they came to an end. We got together and starting writing and recording our first EP. We didn’t really have any particular genre in mind but knew that we wanted to create heavy, melodic, passionate music.
3. Describe your band’s sound.
We often use the term Melodic – Hardcore, as we have chunky riffs but with nice melodies to help glue everything together. Akin to artists like Architects, The Ghost Inside, early For The Fallen Dreams, Hundredth to name a few.
4. What influences your craft?
So many things, it can be bands of similar genres or completely different, watching a good live band, even movies and books have influenced songs. We all driven to do our best and work hard to create the best possible music we can.
5. What makes your band different? Why should people listen to you?
What you hear on our recordings is what you’ll get live and we always aim to give a super energetic performance.
6. When introducing people to your music, what song should I show them first? What is your quintessential track?
Definitely anything off our new EP ‘We Are’. But the title track and Solitude are definitely my favourites at the moment.
7. What has been the biggest struggle in your career so far?
Haha, time and money always. Having day jobs that get in the way of our real passion. But in all seriousness breaking through the mould again as there are so many bands in a supersaturated genre but we feel like we are starting to turn a few more heads these days.
8. What has been the biggest highlight of your career so far?
This is always a hard question but honestly, any good show with good people and an audience that’s engaged is always a highlight BUT getting to travel and see new places is definitely an added bonus!
9. How bright is the future of your project – what are the plans?
We’re just going to keep smashing shows around the country and keep writing, writing and more writing and hopefully churn out a full length in the next year or so!
10. When all is said and done, how would you like to be remembered?
I’d like to be remembered how I remember my favourite bands and just continue to enjoy playing their music and thinking fondly of shows that I saw said bands at.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/wearewildheart/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/wearewildheart