1. Introduce us to your project!
Hey, we’re Life Underfoot from Owego, New York!
2. How did you guys start out?
We started out in early 2017, after a couple of our other bands ended and decided to try writing and jamming with one another! Then it just kinda stuck and here we are a demo, 2 EP’s, some shows and a tour later!!
3. Describe your band’s sound.
A very fine mixture from the finest Emo, Pop-Punk, and Grunge influences. Mostly rock but think if Brand New and Blink-182 had a Grungy baby hahaha.
4. What influences your craft?
We all love music! Just being able to play shows for and also meet people who seem really interested in us is wicked rewarding. We never thought even a few people would like us.
5. What makes your band different? Why should people listen to you?
We like to try and write stuff that doesn’t sound like anything that’s out right now. Not trying to do anything new or out there but we just like to set ourselves apart from what’s current.
6. When introducing people to your music, what song should I show them first? What is your quintessential track?
Most def our track “Clock Face” off our Peaks andValley EP. It’s the acoustic version but, regardless, if we play it live or listening to that track it really shows us as a band and we feel that song defines us.
7. What has been the biggest struggle in your career so far?
It’s still pretty early so we haven’t had many struggles thankfully, we did have to drop out from one show, but that’s probably the worst so far… knock on wood hahaha.
8. What has been the biggest highlight of your career so far?
That would def being able to record at The Lumberyard studio with some of our influences and guys we listened to growing up. Or our first tour we did with our friends in Brighter Days (def check them out – some of the ourbest friends)
9. How bright is the future of your project – what are the plans?
Well right now we’re finishing up some shows for the year, early 2019 we plan on hitting the studio for another EP, and hopefully another tour but that’s about it. Just trying to stay busy.
10. When all is said and done, how would you like to be remembered?
Well, being from New York we hope one day we’re remembered the same way Glassjaw, The Ramones, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Sonic Youth and The Movielife are….as a rad legendary NY band!!!
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Lif3Underfoot/