1. Introduce us to your project!
Hello, we are The Riff, Consisting of twin brothers Ben (frontman/guitarist) and Sam(keys), Tommy on drums and Chris the bass player
2. How did you guys start out?
We started playing covers in pubs and clubs around South Wales when we were 15. It sort of acted as an apprenticeship of sorts I think, we learnt to play, we got tight and then we started writing our own tunes…. and here we are
3. Describe your band’s sound.
It’s no-frills indie guitar music mixed with powerful pop hooks and keyboard melody
4. What influences your craft?
We take influence from many things the main being the great British bands past and present I think we all grew up inspired by bands such as Oasis, The Stone Roses, The Libertines, Stereophonics and obviously The Arctic Monkeys exploded onto the scene in our early teens.
5. What makes your band different? Why should people listen to you?
There’s no facade, nothing complicated about it we just wanna write good tunes and get them heard.
6. When introducing people to your music, what song should I show them first? What is your quintessential track?
Our debut single Jezebel seems to be a fan favourite, personally, I think they need to hear them all!
7. What has been the biggest struggle in your career so far?
The internet is a wonderful thing, it allows you to instantly connect with people and releasing new music is just a click away but that also means there’s so much competition out there now, the struggle is to get yourself noticed amongst thousands of bands all trying to get on that same place.
8. What has been the biggest highlight in your career so far?
We’ve only been playing our own tunes for 18 months but so far I’ve got to say as football fans the football gigs are up there so either playing before Man City at the Etihad before A champions league match or playing halftime at a Wales international.
9. How bright is the future of your project – what are the plans?
We head out to Spain for our first European date this week before heading back to the UK for several gigs before the Festival season kicks in. There’s also plans for news of a new single before the end of the year.
10. When all is said and done, how would you like to be remembered?
Just that our music resonates in some form with people and that hopefully, we did everything we could to get as far as possible.